PCV Prize Official Rules
The PCV Prize is an annual student climate tech startup competition hosted by Penn Climate Ventures at the University of Pennsylvania.
1. Competition Tracks
There are two groups of tracks: Collegiate Tracks and the High School Track.
- Waste and Circularity
- Energy and Transportation
- Food and Agriculture
- Wild Card
High School Teams
All high school teams will compete in the same track.
All students enrolled at a university or high school in the world are eligible to compete.
PCV Prize teams compete in groups of 1-5. Depending on your track, different eligibility rules may apply. The PCV Prize team reserves the right to determine a team’s eligibility.
For All Teams
- You do NOT need to have an incorporated business to apply; all concepts are welcome, whether it's just a great idea or a revenue-making startup
- If you do have an established startup, you must not have received more than $25K in external funding, dilutive or non-dilutive.
For Collegiate Teams
All team members must be currently enrolled students, at either the high school, undergrad, or graduate school level. We'd recommend teams solely consisting of high school members to participate in the high school track.
For High School Teams
All team members must be currently enrolled in a high school anywhere around the world.
All competitors need to register for the PCV Prize. Registrants receive the latest updates on all events and sessions.
Individual Registrations (DUE DATE FOR 2022 PRIZE TBA)
Every team member needs to register at:
Team Registrations (DUE DATE FOR 2022 PRIZE TBA)
Once you've decided on your team, register at:
All submissions are due (DUE DATE FOR 2022 PRIZE TBA):
Once you feel ready, submit your team's deck and presentation at:
- Pitch video (maximum 5 minutes, recommended 3-4)
- Pitch deck (maximum 20 slides, recommended 10-12)
- (OPTIONAL) 2 supplemental PDFs (each PDF is maximum 10 pages)
Round 1 submission rubric to come.
5. First Round Judging
Before the first round, teams will have the opportunity to attend:
- (OPTIONAL) 1-on-1 office hours with industry experts
- (OPTIONAL) 1-on-1 office hours with the PCV consulting team
First round pitches are ranked on:
- Technical feasibility
- Potential environmental impact
- Financial viability
Rubric will be posted soon.
Two finalists will from each track will be announced the morning of (DATE TBA). Good luck!
6. Finals (DATE TBA)
During our finalists week, our 10 finalists will receive:
- 1-on-1 Mentorship
- Investor Intros
Finalists compete LIVE for first, second, and third place awards in closing session!